Flame-The-GreatFlame-The-Great

Main Movies Favorites Reviews Stats

Abstract Dungeon Abstract Dungeon

Great, but the cracked floors are just plain stupid, not in that they exist, but that they aren't as noticeable. Considering all other tiles have some distinction to them, the fact cracked ones are so alike in visual appearance is honestly this game's biggest issue. Outside of that, it is a good dungeon crawler.

Man Who Sold The World Man Who Sold The World

Sadly after finally coming back after a year... finally get all pieces of eternity and... no achievement. Double run everything, counting all the locations... Got them but oh well...

Though the lag still hurts.

Greenie Greenie

Nothing new or exciting, but the level 10 can jump off a seriously high cliff and not be missed.

A Ghostly Journey A Ghostly Journey

Clearly didn't test the arrow keys. You cannot 'possess jump' left with the arrow keys as the game will ignore your space bar. Works fine if you use AWSD but for most platformers, arrow keys are your typical go to setup (unless the mouse is involved).

Overall very good, but the fact I have to break the flow of things just to deal with the bug? Annoying.

Road of the Dead Road of the Dead

I know the game is a bit older but... wow is it PLAGUED with problems.

Now before I start, I have a Geforce GTX 680 Lightning and man does this game lag even on low settings. I'm not sure if it's just because of how Flash had been updating as of late, but I don't think the military has to worry about killing me at all: the lag will do it for them. 70% of all deaths is PURELY from lag in later areas. On Low Settings. On a overclocked graphics card.

So why keep playing? Well I didn't say the game sucked; in fact it's impressive! It has that 'one more go' feel and that is what has kept me playing despite the lag. Even mapped it to a wheel controller for the lulz.

The cons? Well, the helicopters can go the hell for all I care. I get they are a mechanic in the game, but the issue with them is that their hitbox is atrocious. The remaining 30% of deaths is PURELY because the game doesn't feel like giving me any hits when I clearly had them. This is the biggest con of them all. Carpet bombs? Even without the HUD thing, they're a nice twitch mechanic. Soldiers? It keeps things in check and works fine. Mutated Zombies? Annoying but acceptable. Just the Helicopters. They're broken.

Overall, it's a great game. The upgrades could have been more broken apart (instead of 3 tiers, have 5 but keep current maxes), but that is just a matter of opinion. Everything is great.

Except the Helicopters.

Displaced Displaced

Good but the gun seems to be its own entity at times. Suddenly me and the gun just aren't at the same spot and is the end result of why some levels take longer than others... unless there is a point behind it that I haven't found out yet in the later levels before giving up. Great idea though!

Cathode Raybots Cathode Raybots

Fast paced and a simple concept that combines creative aspects on one hand and heavy platforming action on the other. While this game defiantly shows its strengths, it also shows a few weak points.
While yes, bosses are supposed to be typically more powerful than the player, the power balance here almost feels unfair at times. While yes, you MUST defeat the boss before it can be posted, I feel that at times some battles are just luck. The other issue is that the secondary to the human players, the flame thrower, might as well be a pea shooter because it does next to nothing, only buying me time until I have a power shot handy since it is all I have. Human players shouldn't have as large of a weapon base as the raybots, but they should have something more than a cigarette lighter.
Level designing was a total breeze with it being both simple and easy to work. Pattern programming feels a bit hit and miss though. There are times when I would like to pause at a certain point to let myself think about what I really want this raybot to do, but instead I have to pump all the commands in one go, making what could be a very neat boss design look and feel like it is missing something. If we had something like a pause feature in pattern programming, I feel we could see some more inventive bosses.
Overall, a impressive game that will prove itself to be fun to many, but before it can expand its audience, some more tweaking is needed. Heck, I could even see this being a good XBA title just on its own as is... though I still hope to see the above fixes, nonetheless.

[REVIVE] [REVIVE]

Simply perfect. Not too much story, not too complicated, and plenty of 'ah HA!' moments when you finally solve a puzzle. Do release the loop for the main menu at some point, it is equally as good as the other 2 tracks and goes flawlessly with the game, beaten or just beginning.

Dr Vile- The Greater Good Dr Vile- The Greater Good

Series worthy!

Mad Princess Mad Princess

It's... okay.

It's a game. It has a goal. It has items, a princess, oh and some death traps. Pretty much sums up the game.